« Reminding Myself - Freezing »

Incoming Link

12 November 2007

I’m not one for blog whoring (well, not anymore) and don’t really pay much attention to my traffic stats. But when I logged on to my wordpress dashboard 10 minutes ago, I saw something that made my eye pop.

Uhmm… Why would I have an incoming link from Malaysiakini? O_O

6 Responses to ' Incoming Link '

Subscribe to comments with RSS or TrackBack to ' Incoming Link '.

1. Andrew Ooi said,

on November 12th, 2007 at 10:09 pm

Why pengsan? :)

Did you click on in to find out exactly which article in Malaysiakini that linked to you?

2. Yee Pei said,

on November 12th, 2007 at 11:27 pm

Andrew: Of course! It was their index page… Well, I suppose it’s one of those ever-updating rss blogrolls.

3. Jinny said,

on November 13th, 2007 at 1:25 am

It’s M’kini’s web-scraping robot that google searches for blogs that mention M’kini and links them to their website…

I’ve gotten that once, mentioned an article in M’kini, wrote a critique on Malaysian education and ended up having UKM and Unimas and whatever not *staff* and students commenting on my blog post. Even one so-called UKM Professor commented! That one I really pengsan-ed!

4. Observer said,

on November 13th, 2007 at 1:42 am

The incoming link from Msiakini is due to your Post
    Reminding Myself
    Written on 11 November 2007 by Yee Pei”

in which you mention the word “Malaysiakini” in the last Sentence

“No, I am not going to read Malaysia Today or Malaysiakini. Not now, I don’t need to make this struggle harder.”
    And that “Malay Woman” Saidul A Ahaairi is taking full advantage of it. He is building up the rankings of “Malay Women in Malaysia” and selling it perhaps for RM10 to RM20K later to someone to rival SyiokKhawin. And Malaysiakini is taken for a ride with someone helping him from inside

5. Yee Pei said,

on November 13th, 2007 at 8:00 am

Sigh… must remember not to mention M’Kini then.

6. Yee Pei said,

on November 13th, 2007 at 11:26 pm

BTW, Observer, I have no idea what the second part of your comment was referring to.